I love Autumn and Winter. I am not a one for the summer – give me cold, crisp air, rainy days and leaves changing from green to gold any day of the week. I think it’s mainly because I love coming in from the cold and snuggling up, there’s just something so “delicious” about it. So autumn is my favourite seasons to cook in – all the vegetables and meats that suddenlt become available – yum! I was concerned that when I started Slimming World that Autumn would prove difficult as my body craves more carbs and less salad.
This dish is just perfect for these darker evenings. Tastes great and only uses 3 syns and your HEA, which is totally worth it trust me! You could quite easily serve this Theres loads of versions of this recipe online but this one works best for me and its so quick and easy. Make sure if you use a different BBQ sauce which of course you can that you check the syn value.
Slimming World Hunters Chicken
1 large chicken
2 medallions of bacon, visible fat removed
1/2 red onion, finely diced
30g cheddar cheese (HEA) – you could use mozerella if you prefer
3 tbsp Heinz BBQ sauce (3 Syns)
Serves 1 (just double the quanities if your are cooking for 2, triple if 3 etc)
- Spray a pan with fry light and sear the chicken for a couple of minutes on both sides. Remove from pan and place in a small oven proof dish that you have sprayed a couple of times with more fry light.
- Spray the pan a couple more times and add the diced onion with a splash of water to help soften. Once it has remove from heat and add your BBQ sauce giving it a mix.
- Dollop the BBQ mixture on top of the chicken and then place the medallions of bacon on top. Place in middle of oven on a high heat and cook for 15 – 20 minutes depending on size of chicken breast (for my one pictured it was quite large so I went for 20 mins)
- Remove from oven, i like to first of all scrape up the BBQ auce from the sodes and place it back on top of the chicken breats and then place slices of cheese over the chicken. Return to oven for between 5-10 minutes
- Serve with chosen speedy veg! I went for butternut squash and swede mash (with buttery fry light for taste), asparagus and cabbage.